Hours: 9:00 to 13:00 | break | 14:00 to 18:00
1-day intensive workshop focused on the creation of 3D models distinguished by complex surfaces Rhinoceros 3Dwith and Grasshopper. Participation will be involved on a series of exercises with which they will learn to use consciously the main techniques behind parametric modeling and associative design.
The approach is to involve from the start the participant in the analysis of case studies inspired by real problems that you may encounter during the product concept development and its design. Will then be explained in detail what are the geometric characteristics to watch out to working with NURB surfaces and polygonal modellilng, the main difficulties that may be encountered and how to resolve them inside Rhinoceros and Grasshopper.
The program includes:
– Flow of geometric elements between Rhinoceros and Grasshopper;
– Parametric control of curves and surfaces;
– Discretization of surfaces;
– Mesh and subdivision surface;
– Data management in Grasshopper;
– Add-on installation for Grasshopper;
– Re-use and exchange of custom components.
The workshop is also an opportunity to try some of the new features that will be present in the next version of Rhinoceros 6. Among these, Grasshopper is definitely one of the relavant feature during the story of the software. It’s a visual programming interface which, in combination with Rhinoceros, allows to incorporate within their working workflow, parametric and computational design techniques with surprising fluidity.
To obtain the best results from the workshop, participants must be able to:
– move, rotate and zommare in 3D views of Rhinoceros;
– know how to draw a NURB curve;
– being able to draw a sphere;
– know how activate and edit the control points.
Paolo Cappelletto is ART (Authorized Rhino Trainer) and may issue, on the basis of participation and the results achieved at the end of the course, an attendance certificate that certifies software knowledge.
Rhinoceros® e Grasshopper® are registered trademarks of Robert McNeel & Associates.*
* www.flecheria.it the site has no commercial relationship and does not sell any product and / or service marketed by trademarks. The brands and products and / or services mentioned are used only for educational purposes within courses and other educational activities.